CAREER NIGHT

12:38 PM




As the school year comes to an end, a typical students schedule is packed with events to attend.
 I went to a fun little career design night at the University of New Haven with my ASID chapter!

For this event, I chose to go for an all black ensemble. My top is from American Apparel. I love the one shoulder cut, its adds a chic element to this one tone look. I am always drawn to the little elements in a piece that can amplify an outfit. Asymmetry, like this one arm top, can always make an outfit just a bit more exciting.

 For the bottoms, I wore a pair of loose high waisted trousers from H&M. This pant style has to be my favorite because of how comfortable and versatile it is. This style is found in most shops now and it's all for a good reason. A flowing dress pant can fit into a number of outfit pairings. One can dress it up with a button down and heels or try pairing it with a cotton tee and sneakers. Not to mention that this pant construct can be worn throughout every season. We definitely love a piece that can stand the test of time! Here is a similar pair.

For a slight touch, I put on my favorite gold knot collar necklace. For the shoes, I opted for a pair of pointed toe tan heels I purchased a while back. Heels such as these can also help make an outfit level up in a professional sense while still being stylish.

A business or educational event does not have to be drab and your attire doesn't have to be either! Try mixing and matching structured and soft silhouettes, you could just create something impressionable. I hope everyone is having a great spring start! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments