SLUMBER CHIC

11:49 AM


This recent unseasonal bout of warm weather has me reminiscing on one of my favorite daytime looks from this past summer. My friend Taryn and I took a few day girls trip to Boston! In our typical fashion we spent the whole time exploring, trying out new restaurants and as expected, we took tons of photos in our attire.

On this Tuesday afternoon we decided to head out for a casual lunch. We found a restaurant called Committee and as we approached, the aesthetic of this establishment instantaneously caught our eye! The food was amazing but if you know us, you'd guess we were there because it made for a nice picture spot.

Alyssa and I love tufted sofas such as these ones.

A look at our lunch ! Here is the Committee website.

A Polaroid moment!

 One of my favorite things about that day has to have been how comfortable I felt! Comfort is crucial when it comes to a day of exploration and this jumpsuit certainly fit the job. I picked up this jumpsuit at Anthropologie. The loose form, silky fabric, and delicate lace trim on the neckline immediately drew me in. I actually hadn't noticed until an employee complimented me on my choice that this was actually a night time garment, but who needs to follow the rules, right?



I had recently spotted these slides at Zara and thought they would be a fun piece to incorporate into my wardrobe. The velvet bow on the slides adds a nice touch of textured material to the otherwise silky ensemble. The pop of color is also welcomed because its on the warm scale, like my jumpsuit, but the color is a bit muted, making it easy to pair with the rest of the look. I also loved the woven platform, it helps to make the jumpsuit feel as if its more of a daytime piece. Another aspect of the shoe that persuaded me to make the purchase is that they're platform. It elevates it into a real statement shoe, while still keeping comfort in mind. Here is a similar pair from Free People.

Click here for a similar jumpsuit from Revolve.
In my attempt to keep the same bedroom-y vibe that the jumpsuit embodies, I teased my hair a bit and used tons of volumizing hairspray. My hair could be straight, wavy, curly or a just hot mess, but as long as I have some volume somewhere in that mix, I'm a happy girl.
Going on to my favorite part of any look; the makeup. I did a neutral eye followed by tons of mascara and a bold red-orange lip. I tend to be very light handed when it comes to accessories. I just put on tiered drop hoop earrings and voilà, I had my look!


You Might Also Like

0 comments