SCHEMING FOR COLOR

11:38 AM


Lyss:

Sneak peak into the life of an interior design student! No, paint and fabrics is not all that we do, but it is part of it and it is fun. Junior year I took color studies, a class focused on mastering the art of putting fabric schemes together. This particular project was my final assignment for the class. The goal was to create a fabric scheme suitable for a particular space. The space I created is sort of an indoor/outdoor patio & eating area. The whole scheme was pulled from the tropical wall covering. From this I focused on a particular feeling and drew out of this the colors I wanted to work with. I chose my fabrics carefully because I wanted the scheme to give off an airy, tropical, almost island like vibe. To help accomplish this I chose a light linen for the window treatments and a sisel to bring in some rough texture. Pairing greens, reds, tans, and taupes with a mixture of dark & light woods helped me to really nail my goal for the space. Oh! Don't forget the greenery; the patio would definitely not be complete without it! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments