THE BALM.COM

6:36 PM



Arly has a love for The Balm. It is a super funky & retro cosmetics line with a knack for clever product names.

Lyss:

My love for The Balm started when I got my hands on a sample of Mary-Lou Manizer. Mary-Lou gives you a classic golden-honey glow, the glow that has been the hype of the highlighter world for the past two years. Well, I loved the look it gave me & the formula so much that I went out and picked up Cindy-Lou Manizer, which gives my cheek bones an iridescent, pinkish-purple glow that I love to rock with a purple eye & lip for a monochromatic look. Since their luminizers treated me so well, I snagged the Balm Jovi Rockstar Face Palette to see what their shadows were all about. It has twelve shadows whose names are a play on words of different music groups, a blush, a luminizer, and two cheek & lip creams; 3/4 of what you need for a full face! It's magnetic closure and full size mirror make it perfect for travel as well! These two products captured my attention and left me wanting more from this brand. My next purchase came in a two for one set, how exciting!? Cheater! Black Mascara and Schwing Black Liquid Liner are a dynamic duo for a fierce eye look. Cheater! mascara is super volumizing & buildable without getting clumpy, and Schwing is by far the best liquid liner I've ever used. It is a perfect matte black with a precise felt-tip applicator, making it flawless at creating any kind of liner look; from a super thin wing to a bold cat-eye. Last. but not least is a lip product & my newest obsession; Read My Lips Lip Gloss. I have never been a big gloss girl, but recently I have been testing the waters of shiny lips. I tried this gloss in store and fell in love with the color and plumpness it gave my lips. So, if you haven't guessed already, I purchased it and have been loving my glossy lips ever since.

●●●

Ardi:

My introduction to The Balm was actually through Alyssa! When my trusty Tarte liner ran out one night, I borrowed Alyssa's Schwing Black Liquid Liner and that was that. I immediately went out and bought my own. It quickly became my favorite liquid liner and beats all the high end ones I have owned in the past. It's a tube, so you would not have to worry about the issues that come with a pen liquid liner. Also, it has a fine tip, but not too fine so it's a smooth application. Not to mention, it is extremely black and pigmented and that's all we ask for in a perfect liner! I am a total palette lover and Nude Dude Eyeshadow Palette is one of my all time favorites. It has 4 mattes and 8 shimmers. The mattes are amazing and they chose the perfect ones for a day to day look or for a transition shade. The shimmers are subtle but beautiful. I actually used the shade Fabulous as a highlight for quite some time too! The formula is so nice and the pigmentation is great as well throughout the whole palette, considering its hard to stay consistent from shade to shade. The Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer is a staple in my everyday makeup. It blends seamlessly and has the ideal amount of tint, your face is not bare but your skin still looks makeup free and glowy. It cancels out some of my redness too so I don't have to color correct. I have actually been using this moisturizer alone for quite some time and it caused no breakouts for me! It does not oxidize too quickly which is great because I have had that issue with some tinted moisturizers and CC creams in the past. It's honestly difficult to find a brand that is consistent from product to product but The Balm has not failed us.  I can't wait to make my next purchase!


You Might Also Like

0 comments