DESIGN NIGHT OUT

2:45 PM







Lyss:

I love a chance to get glammed up, especially in the midst of the crazy weeks approaching finals. My closest gals and I (yes, including Ardi) took a trip downtown to check out some local artists and to display work from some of UB's past design students. 
I tried to achieve a chic look, but with a bit of edginess. To do this, I first started with a simple & sleek pony; the perfect way to accomplish that chic look. It looks clean and put together and it super easy to do. 
My outfit revolved around two things; my new bag & the chilly weather. To start, I borrowed Ardi's vintage forest-green knit sweater dress, which is super comfy and warm. I paired the dress with my faux leather jacket that features many zippers and slightly padded shoulders. The jacket is where I achieved that bit of edginess I was looking for in this outfit.
For accessories the star of the show was, of course, my new Michael Kors Sloan bag in a beautiful cement color. I felt the soft color & chain detail was a perfect contrast to the rest of the outfit. My other accessories included vintage rings that I snagged from a quaint flower & tea shoppe in my home town. The heels, which I thought completed the outfit perfectly with their strappy fringe ties, were borrowed from another lovely friend.
The forest green dress, padded shouldered jacket, quilted leather bag, and vintage rings might seem all over the place when glanced at separately, but paired together they create an interesting look. What I thought was the perfect balance of chic & edgy. Ladies and gents, don't be afraid to experiment with putting unexpected pieces together! You might just create a beautiful look. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments