CASUALLY

3:49 PM



Lyss:

If you ask Ardi and I, a long day of homework at Starbucks calls for some comfy (but cute) casual wear. This was an outfit I styled to do exactly that. Ardi and I and our closest friend spent the day blogging and working on school work over some coffee, and we thought we would share what we typically wear on a day like this. Well, any day, really.
The base of my outfit is your average black legging and white v-neck tee. It's clean and simple and can be transformed into countless looks depending on what you pair with it and how you accessorize. For shoes I wore my most comfortable sneaks; my Adidas pure boost sneakers in grey and white. They are extremely light-weight and flexible, which is something I always look for in a sneaker, because these are the shoes I wear when comfort is a priority. These three pieces gave me a perfect neutral base for a casual wear outfit. 


To keep warm and add more to the look, I wore my bomber jacket from Love Tree. You really can't go wrong with a bomber. Plus, you can find them anywhere! They are super stylish, but totally practical. They bring that certain something you need to any kind of outfit, especially casual wear. I love this bomber for the orange inner lining and the rose gold zipper accents. It adds the perfect amount of color and interest to a simple black jacket, and to the look as a whole as well. I came into the bomber trend quite late, but I'm glad I finally did. The reason being that these jackets are so effortless yet so bad*ss.



For accessories I kept it super simple. I picked up the all black sunnies at a small boutique while vacationing in Maine, but you can find similar ones all over the place like these aviators from Urban Outfitters. I chose to pair the outfit with these shades in particular because, like the bomber, they make me feel like a bad*ss.
My hairstyle for this look was a true messy bun that required no effort. The best kind of hairstyle if you ask me!
If I'm being honest, casual wear is what you will catch me in most days, especially if I am spending the day in class, studying, running errands, or just relaxing. I am a big supporter of comfort when it comes to fashion. I truly believe that you can be fashion-forward while still maintaining comfort, which is something I strive for with my wardrobe. When it comes down to it fashion is all about finding your own style that suits your personality and lifestyle, and whatever you're comfortable in!

●●●


Ardi:

Well, it's about time we showed you guys what our go to casual attire is! If I'm pressed for time or just heading to class I'll typically be dressed in something similar to this. 








I always have an ongoing list of pieces that I want to purchase and this camo hooded jacket was one of them. This piece caught my attention because it's long and a bit oversized. Also, the fabric is a bit thin and that is ideal in a piece that you want to use to transition into season. The fact that its thinner means that its the best to layer with. One can easily pair a chunky knit sweater or a hoodie with this jacket.










I am definitely a fan of Adidas. This past spring the women's NMD's released and I spent a little while trying to find this pair because they sold out instantaneously! The two tones of beige in these sneakers make it very easy to pair with most outfits. My favorite part of the sneakers is the hint of orange and the fact that they're reflective. I always reach for a pair of Adidas, mainly because of how comfortable they are, you can't go wrong with this brand.











Underneath I wore a basic white tee to keep the look simple and clean. Never underestimate the power of a cotton tee! It is one of the most versitle pieces one could have in their closet.
Keeping the same comfort mindset, I put on a  regular pair of cropped high waisted leggings.




        My biggest accessory for this look is my Hayden Harnett Voyager Weekend Bag. I spent an entire summer internship eyeing this cutie until the designer herself gifted it to me! I'm a sucker for durable but well designed weekend bags. They allow you to effortlessly travel in style. Well, the only traveling I'll be doing while at school is from my bed to class, but you guys get the point!

 For jewelry, I just wore some braided and beaded bracelets I've picked up at flea markets and little boutiques.

I've been seeing mirrored sunglasses like the ones I wore here everywhere this entire past summer! They're very trendy but I can see this pair being something that I keep around longer than just for a season. Here is a pair of similar sunglasses.

After I put on the finishing touches, I threw my hair up in a messy pony tail and was set to go.



In regards to myself, it's important to pay attention to the casual attire you shop for. You want to make sure these pieces are all well made, versatile, and true to your style. When you focus on picking up something that is really a standout buy, then your casual looks to you will be a put together look to the world.


You Might Also Like

0 comments